Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Blake Griffin Goes Pro




After leading the Oklahoma Sooners to one of their best seasons in six years in men's basketball and shortly following his acceptance of the Naismith trophy and becoming college basketball's National Player of the Year, #23 Blake Griffin has decided that the time has come to forgoe his last two years of eligibility and declare for the 2009 NBA draft.

At a joint press conference with Head Coach Jeff Capel in the Lloyd Noble Center yesterday, the sophomore declared his intent to go pro.

"First, I want to thank everybody for coming," started Griffin, "This past week I have been going over in my mind what I should do. I sat down with Coach Capel and my family and I think it is time for me to move on and take my game to the next level.

"(The decision) was tough. I love playing here, this is my home state. This is the school I wanted to come to, obviously. It is tough to walk away from something like this, but at the same time this is a big opportunity. I felt like I was ready for it this year as opposed to last year."

Griffin will depart from the Sooner Nation one of the most accomplished players in Sooner men's basketball, averaging 22.7 points, 14.4 rebounds, and 2.3 assists per game. He also registered 30 double-doubles.

He will leave the team along with his older brother, senior Taylor Giriffin, as well as seniors Austin English and Omar Leary.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I found this blog through your YouTube account, and I started a blog for the Aggie basketball team. If you can kind of help me get it out there, that would be great!

    Your Oklahoma Sooners were mind-blowing this past year. Blake Griffin reminds me of Amare Stoudemire, and he can really make an impact in the NBA. Best of luck to him.

    ReplyDelete